Solar Sales Professional
Position Title: Solar PV Sales Professional
Downstream Construction is receiving applications for a full-time Solar PV Sales Professional to work in our Solar Department. This is a sales position providing technical sales for residential solar PV customers.
The successful candidate will be a person who —
• Has technical sales or consulting experience;
• Has knowledge of solar PV;
• Has very strong communication skills, both speaking and writing;
• Is accustomed to working in a collaborative environment;
• Is detail oriented;
• Is diligent, ambitious, and works well independently;
• Enjoys customer communication; and
• Is dedicated to quality.
Timeline: Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately. Cover letters and resumes must be
received by Friday, September 29th, 2017.
Primary Office Location is Forestport, New York with remote office work and site visits as necessary.
This position combines marketing, sales, and customer education activities and will be focused on residential customers. The following responsibilities include:
• Developing marketing strategies to promote the department and generate leads locally and regionally.
• Generate leads through multiple platforms, including cold-calling, canvasing and establishing a presence at local events.
• Develop initial estimates of installation costs, taking into account both profitability and impact on the customer’s purchase decision.
• Meet with potential customers to further develop leads, including
o presenting system options;
o explaining available incentives and tax benefits; and
o explaining financing options.
• Ability to climb ladders and work on roofs to obtain site analysis information.
• Guide customers to closure on a sales decision.
• Communicate the particulars of each project to the project manager.
• Serve as the primary contact for clients before and after system installations are completed to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Willingness to step into other roles as necessary.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Very strong written and oral communication skills.
• At least two years of proven sales experience.
• Working knowledge of solar PV systems and an interest and capacity to broaden that knowledge.
• Strong work ethic with an ability to efficiently organize and execute a variety of tasks.
• Ability to interact with customers and co-workers with honesty, clarity, enthusiasm, and the well placed comedic relief.
• Strong organizational and leadership skills.
• Able to visit project sites within a two-hour radius of Boonville.
Recommended Skills and Qualifications:
• Proven experience selling solar PV installations and / or related technologies.
• Extensive knowledge of solar PV, solar installation experience is a plus.
• NABCEP certification or willingness to pursue this with support from the company.
• Knowledge of basic construction techniques and the National Electric Code.
• Comfortable working on rooftops and ladders.
• Proficiency with one or more drafting programs such as SketchUp and AutoCAD.
• Familiarity with Sales CRM tools such as Hubspot and Salesforce.
• Extensive skills within the Microsoft Office environment, with an emphasis on Excel.
Compensation: Compensation will be competitive and will depend on the skills and experience of the applicant.
Downstream Construction, LLC is a progressive construction company dedicated to raising the bar in Central New York and Central Colorado. Our focus from the outset is to provide an exceptional customer experience while delivering the best possible product our team is capable of. Our services range from custom home building to timber-framing to implementing solar energy systems and efficiency measures. We are also dedicated to promoting growth within and strongly encourage our employees to partake in health promoting activities and lifestyles.
Benefits include profit-sharing, POV mileage reimbursement, holiday pay, and paid continuing-ed training. We are a small but growing company and aspire to offer health insurance and a retirement plan within the near future.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Nick Kirk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the subject line “PV Sales Professional”
No telephone calls, please
Downstream Construction is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.