Solar Installation Professional
EmPower seeks top quality construction professionals to become Solar Installation tradesmen. EmPower view’s solar construction as a unique emerging trade which incorporates both electrical and carpentry trades. Installers participate in
both “on the job” and formal training programs. EmPower departs significantly from its competition through focus on workplace satisfaction, customer service, top quality installation, focus on safety, multiple training programs, benefits, and much more.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The following responsibilities are to be performed with guidance and training from EmPower’s Solar Site Manager and additional EmPower representatives.
• Installation of solar electric systems on homes and commercial buildings
• Roof work includes system layout, mounting of attachments and/or rails, mounting of solar panels, module wiring interconnections and more
• Electrical & interconnection work includes conduit runs, wire pulling, inverter mounting, mounting & dressing of electrical enclosures, final terminations, and more
• All systems are inspected and commissioned by installers
• Data monitoring systems installed and commissioned to properly communicate over the internet with the central server; data monitoring training with homeowner
• System operation shall be explained to the customer thus properly “turning over” ownership to the client
• Additional tasks / skills include driving the company van, keeping working environments clean and organized, and much more
This position works Monday through Thursday, ten hours per day, with Friday as the “Regular Day Off”. Work hours are typically from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm. Occasionally your day off will shift to a day earlier in the week as a result of inclement weather and you will work Friday instead, ensuring installers get a full work week.
• Passionate about the solar energy construction industry; looking to start a career
• Construction / mechanical experience, comfortable using tools
• Enjoys working in the field, outdoors and in varying weather conditions
• Willing to work late hours
• Comfortable working at high elevations, with a ladder and on sloped roofs
• Electrical experience a plus
• Basic computer / networking skills important
• Excellent client relations & interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated experience working in a team environment meeting deadlines, has attention to details -- explanation/description, references required
• Ability to perform work dependably and reliably according to work schedules and assignments including occasional
overtime, weekend and overnight travel requirements
• College degree or working towards one
• Owns a vehicle with valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Salary is paid on an hourly basis, effective rates are between $18 to $22 per hour starting. Experienced installers are offered as high as $26 per hour. Structured bonus is based on $/module installation system. Compensation packages will be evaluated based on background and experience. Health, Sick & Annual Leave, and 401k retirement (with 4% company match) benefits are included. Details available upon request.
WHY WORK FOR EMPOWER?
• EmPower is a fast growing solar energy company and alternative energy company that is a leader in the region.
• Solar energy is one of the fastest growing industries in the country and throughout the world.
• Working for EmPower will provide hands on solar energy education and training under the guidance of engineers and
energy management professionals. EmPower’s team has several NABCEP certified solar professionals.
• Support for outside training and professional development is available.
• A job at EmPower gives you an opportunity to be an environmental leader.
• Opportunity for career advancement within EmPower
All applications are submitted online at:
Additional documents are required to be submitted per instructions in the online form.
COMPANY & CONTACT INFORMATION
EmPower is located in Island Park, NY. EmPower is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Additional information about EmPower is available at www.empower-solar.com or email email@example.com.