Service, O&M and Off-Grid Manager
The Service/Off-Grid/O&M division at Sunsense handles a wide range of tasks. The Manager will oversee technicians in Service, Off-Grid and O&M environments, manage projects at many scales, write proposals and reports and run division operations. This person will be chiefly focused on managerial and developmental tasks, but should be able to fulfill the role of a Lead Technician when called for. This job would best fit someone with a broad and deep knowledge of PV installation and repair who is looking for a multi-faceted, high-paced role with a growth trajectory.
• Previous solar installation experience including battery storage applications and equipment programming. Formal education in this area also a plus. This person should be comfortable in any PV environment.
• Any/all of the following are preferred: NABCEP PVIP, OSHA 10/30, First Aid, IR certification. Can also be on a proven path towards any/all of these. General construction experience also a plus.
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, PDF software and various PV monitoring platforms as well as a general comfort level working with technology is required.
• Must be physically able to perform all job tasks.
• Be able to think on your feet, make adjustments & decisions in the office and field as required.
• Possess a hard-working attitude, be highly reliable, have attention to detail and a curious nature.
• Must maintain valid driver's license and clean driving record
Primary Tasks: 80+% office, 20%- field
• Coordinate billing, invoicing and vendor payments with Accounting.
• Review and approve division timesheets.
• Collect and deliver QA/QC, product and other feedback to crews and other departments.
• Update and implement division policies in concert with Operations Manager.
• Schedule, dispatch, lead and train technicians to complete projects within established policies and procedures.
• Develop ideas on increasing division revenue and profitability while maintaining a high bar for safety and quality.
• Respond to service-related inquiries regarding PV system functionality and performance.
• Support technicians from the office. When field work is required, safely and efficiently perform such on-site tasks such as system and equipment inspection, documentation, performance evaluation, and troubleshooting.
• Work with OEM support centers to resolve service case and warranty issues. Complete troubleshooting and/or replacement procedures and required documentation. Track billing and warranty reimbursements.
• Make warranty determinations (Workmanship) and/or advocate for Sunsense clients with OEMs.
• Complete necessary service documentation in a detailed and timely manner.
• Sales – Perform site visits, communicate with clients, do initial sales engineering, create estimates and drive contract execution.
• Estimating – Create both pre- and post-contract job estimates.
• Design – Coordinate with the Design department and prepare permit applications.
• Project management – Secure permits, schedule crew(s), subcontractors and other resources and manage billing. Draft project safety plans and other documentation as needed.
• Create and edit report templates and use various metering/testing tools to perform on-site system evaluations. Collect and analyze data and generate reports. Train technicians on safe / accurate use of testing equipment.
• Fulfill on-site O&M tasks such as inverter maintenance and performance testing, combiner and string-level maintenance and testing, module and site inspection and system documentation.
• Maintain high levels of quality with an emphasis on safety.
• Seek out new O&M contracts and renewal of existing ones
• Starting salary $45k-55k, depending on experience
• 90-day review with annual performance evaluations thereafter
• Benefits (pending successful 90-day review)
o Continuing Education assistance
o Monthly expense reimbursement (Health/Wellness)
o Vacation, personal, sick time
o Limited use of company tools, vehicles, etc.
To apply: Send cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.