Senior Solar Technician
- Position reports to Director of Electrical Services
- Position will be based in Durham, NC with 90% of time spent in-field at solar facilities
- Troubleshoot and repair utility scale solar generators
- Lead commissioning, quality assurance inspection, or preventative maintenance work as needed
- Provide timely Field Service Reports back to Operations staff for delivery to client
- Provide on-the-job training to less experienced field staff, be a leader in safe and proper work practices
- Infrequently assist other CSS field teams if additional help is temporarily needed
- Ensure a premium level of customer service
Please note this job is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change with continued growth.
- Prioritizes safety daily and be able to lead site safety meetings, analyze job hazards, and provide prompt resolution
- Working knowledge and experience operating under OSHA 1910.269, NFPA 70E, and 70B
- Proficiency reading technical specification documents, site plans, & electrical schematics
- 2+ years field experience in utility solar PV
- Comfort working up to 1,500 VDC, 600Vac, and operating MV switchgear (GOAB, Transformer switching, Recloser operation)
- Commissioning or maintenance experience
- OEM certified training on one or more inverter systems
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- General computer, network, and technology proficiency
- Team oriented attitude
- Assertive enough to give direction and humble enough to take direction
- Value staff development and organizational excellence
Employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, drug test, and motor vehicle record review. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
This position is a full-time hourly position with compensation commensurate with experience. CSS works to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to eligible full-time that are aimed at supporting your health and wellness, financial planning, work life balance, and protection from the unexpected. Additional benefits include:
- Simple IRA account with Company matching 3%
- Company-sponsored health insurance plan with 80% of employee premium and 10% of spouse and/or dependent premium paid by company
- Reimbursement at per diem rates for reasonable work-related travel expenses
- Long term disability insurance coverage
- Company provided cell phone and plan
- Company paid professional development/training opportunities
- Six paid holidays
- 96 PTO hours annually
Interested candidates should email email@example.com with a cover letter and resume.
We exist to deliver premium client satisfaction while maximizing every possible solar kWh.
Carolina Solar Services is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.