PV System Designer
Sunsense Solar is seeking an experienced PV System Designer. The PV System Designer is responsible for producing high quality permit, construction, and record/as-built drawings for residential and small commercial grid-tied systems, and residential PV plus battery systems, based on site visit information collected by the Sunsense Residential/Small Commercial and Off-grid sales consultants.
The applicant should be detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills. This is a full-time position based in the Carbondale, CO office.
- Responsible for producing high quality permit, construction, record/as-built drawings, and preliminary design drawings to assist the sales team
- Coordinate with external professional engineers (structural, geotechnical and electrical), when needed, to ensure high quality system design
- Provide technical support to project managers and sales team during feasibility, site evaluation, and construction phases
- Work with design team to update drawing templates when needed and produce Autocad blocks and details to use in future drawings
- Keep up to date with local AHJ requirements
The following, in order of importance, are not required, but are highly desirable in an applicant.
- Experience with CAD software, especially Autocad or Autocad LT
- Experience designing grid-tied, non-battery based PV Systems
- Experience designing battery based PV systems
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC), the International Building Code (IBC), the International Fire Code (IFC)
- Experience with modelling software – PVWatts, Solar Edge Site Designer, PVSYST, System Advisor Module
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- NABCEP PV Installation Professional certification
- PV installation experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience using SketchUp
- Experience with Google Earth
Commensurate with experience.
- Continuing education assistance
- Health and Wellness expense
- Cell phone stipend
- Vacation, personal and sick time
- Limited use of company resources
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No phone calls please.