Position Classification: Full Time – Exempt (Salaried)
Reports To: Events Manager
Salary: Range per Year: $29,120 to $33,280 (Does not include current annual add benefit of $3,846.70/year)*
Based: Custer Office
Approximate Start Date: August 15, 2018
The Events Coordinator will work closely with the Events Manager, Site Manager, Communication Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator, Leadership Team, and other staff as necessary to support the management of The Energy Fair. This includes but is not limited to, ticket processing, campsite registration coordination, assisting with fair promotion/outreach, assisting in editing The Energy Fair Program Guide, fair website edits, data management, exhibit/sponsor outreach, and materials preparation.
a. Manage ticket and camping registrations/confirmations
b. Assist in administration of Energy Fair Working Group
c. Work with Events Manager, necessary staff, community leaders, and volunteers to help plan and implement the following areas including but not limited to:
• Energy Fair Publications (pre-fair guide, program guide)
• Ticket and camping sales
• Clean Transportation Show
• Energy Fair Education (free workshops, extended workshops, installer workshops, etc.)
• Silent Auction
• Transportation (mass transit and local shuttles)
• Information Technology/Audio Visual (Workshop projectors, entertainment, Wi-Fi access)
d. Assist in soliciting exhibitors, food vendors, workshop speakers, advertisements as needed
e. Assist with exhibitor registrations/confirmations as needed
f. Work with staff as needed to update processes for data management, registrations, and confirmations as needed
g. Answer questions and direct people to information related to The Energy by phone, in person, and by email.
h. Data Management and Data Entry
i. Website updates as needed
j. Assist in printing event badges, printing materials, etc. as needed
Move Some Earth Day
• Assist Site Manager, Events Manager, and Volunteer Coordinator in planning and implementation of annual event, Move Some Earth Day in May.
• Manage info email account (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Assist in answering telephone and greeting visitors to MREA’s ReNew the Earth Institute
• Participate in working groups as needed
• Maintain instructional documents for position description, coordinate with others as needed
• Follow MREA remote work procedures, including office hour scheduling, work-from-home scheduling, and activity reporting.
Outreach and Coordination
• Work with necessary staff to carry out Energy Fair Promotion (post cards, email/radio/tv marketing, social media, posters, online calendar listings, yard signs)
• Attend outreach events throughout the Midwest representing MREA as necessary
• Work with Communications Coordinator to identify and engage promotional partners.
• Assist in building our contact base for event and general MREA promotion
• Attend staff meetings and professional development days as needed
• Participate in staff reviews
• Participate in MREA Board of Director meetings and planning sessions
• Manage interns and/or volunteers as needed
A successful candidate will be:
• Results oriented and self-directed, with a passion for the MREA’s mission
• Organized and focused with proven ability to prioritize and complete activities to satisfy deadlines
• Able and willing to travel and work some weekends as needed
• Comfortable working in groups and have experience building partnerships with diverse audiences
• Accustomed to working with a variety of computer programs, demonstrating proficiency in word processing, presentation software, and data management
Preference will be given to candidates who:
• Have a bachelors or other advanced degree in a related field, including education, administration, communication, renewable energy policy, sustainability, event/hospitality/tourism management
• Have event management experience
• Have 2 or more years of professional experience in a related field
Compensation & Benefits
• Salary is commensurate with experience
• Paid vacation & holidays
• Free electric vehicle charging
• Optional cafeteria insurance plan
(vision, dental, disability, etc.)
• *Added benefit paid per paycheck less tax allocated annually during budgeting and approved by MREA Board of Directors
• Flexible work environment
• Casual dress code
• Free registration to MREA trainings
• Paid training when necessary/applicable
• Work from home opportunities
To apply, send a PDF that includes a cover letter detailing your qualifications, a resume including education and experience, and contact information for three professional references. All correspondence must be electronic and sent to Amiee Wetmore at email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted through 5:00 p.m. Central Time on Thursday, July 26, 2018.
Mission: The MREA promotes renewable energy, energy efficiency, and sustainable living through education and demonstration.
MREA is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in a manner that violates the law. MREA is committed to employing qualified people regardless of their age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, mental or physical disability, source of income, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or any other class protected by law. MREA does not discriminate on the basis of these characteristics in any personnel action.