Commercial Project Manager
This position entails full engagement with all Sunsense departments (Sales, Design, Procurement, Operations, Accounting and Service) and will be focused on delivering complete commercial projects ranging upward from ~50kW. This position will be based in our Carbondale office.
• Previous experience in the PV industry including (but not necessarily limited to):
o Knowledge of PV products (modules, racking, inverters, BOS, DAS)
o Knowledge of various system topologies and their installation and safety implications
Solidly grounded, functionally grounded, bipolar, pole- ground- and roof-mounted, etc.
o PV installation experience at the commercial scale a plus
o PV project management experience
o Currently possess or be on a proven path towards various certifications: NABCEP, CO electrical licensure, OSHA 10/30, First Aid/CPR
• Computer proficiencies: MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, CAD, web applications
o This role interacts with computers in many ways. Facility with technology a must.
• “People person” with good phone skills and solutions-oriented communication style
o Besides the technical development of projects, it is the PM’s role to thoroughly communicate with all stakeholders.
• Be detail oriented and organized
• Manage projects from contracted sale to final completion per contract terms
o Includes (but is not limited to) coordinating: post-contract design, estimating, permitting, rebate & utility applications, technical development, safety planning, procurement, mobilization, site services, installation, accounting and project close-out.
• Schedule installation teams in concert with Operations Manager and Residential PM
• Be the main point of contact with project stakeholders, both internal and external
• Ensure safety and quality compliance
• Coordinate shipping/receiving for your projects with Procurement and Warehouse Specialist; some lifting required
• Contribute to warehouse organization, equipment inventory, mobilization efficiency
• Communicate needs for maintenance and purchase of tools, trucks and safety equipment under your purview with Operations Manager.
• This role is ~85% office and ~15% field work, travel may be required
• Starting salary $45k-55k based on experience
• 90-day review with annual performance evaluations thereafter
• Benefits (pending successful 90-day review)
o Continuing education assistance
o Monthly expense reimbursement (Health/Wellness)
o Cell phone stipend
o Vacation, personal, sick time
o Limited use of company tools, vehicles, etc.
To apply: Send cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.