PVOL350: Solar Training- PV Systems -Tools and Techniques for Operations and Maintenance- Online
PVOL350 is an advanced online training targeted towards solar professionals who want to take their technical skills to the next level. This course is geared towards training PV technicians to safely and effectively perform operations and maintenance (O&M) tasks including inspections, commissioning, performance verification, and troubleshooting. Likewise, those managing fleet operations and system data will find this course challenging and valuable.
As more and more PV systems come online, the O&M field is rapidly expanding. Learn the theory and practical applications from instructors with real-world experience, using curriculum developed by an industry-leading team of experts. Students will become familiar with a wide range of advanced analytical tools, meters, and techniques – such as insulation resistance testers, IV curve tracers, and infrared cameras – and learn the advanced skills required to ensure PV systems operate safely and reliably.
This course is applicable to all sizes of grid-direct PV systems including residential, commercial, and large-scale; it does not cover battery maintenance or medium voltage-specific O&M.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Discuss preventative and reactive maintenance plans and activities.
- Summarize safety procedures and PPE requirements for O&M technicians.
- Describe the field procedures required to evaluate the performance of PV systems.
- List appropriate requirements for meters, tools, and other equipment used in O&M activities.
- Define the theory, procedures, and processes behind insulation resistance testing, IV curve tracing, infrared cameras and thermal imaging, and other tools of the trade.
- Analyze test results to determine performance, compare baseline data, and pinpoint system issues.
- Describe inspection requirements for preventative maintenance inspections.
- Illustrate methods for locating and troubleshooting common PV array and system faults using appropriate methodologies and testing tools.