PVOL304: Solar Training-Advanced PV Stand-Alone System Design (Battery-Based)- Online
Off-grid was where PV got its start – with so many applications for stand-alone power, and continual new developments and cost reductions in energy storage technology, this sector of the market is growing like never before. Detailed analysis of load considerations, charge controller sizing, and specifying stand-alone inverters is followed by numerous design examples that address the wide ranging specifics of different off-grid applications. Also covered is generator sizing and integration, maintenance for stand-alone systems, water pumping, and a healthy dose of best practices that have been learned over the years. Advance your PV knowledge well beyond where the grid goes with PVOL304!
What you will learn:
This design-based course includes detailed system sizing calculations, equipment specifications, and metering choices for all types of stand-alone PV systems operating independently of the utility grid. Extremely detailed design examples range from small-scale systems – like DC lighting – to larger residential-scale systems utilizing battery-based inverters. Learn how to specify and integrate generators into PV systems, how to maintain battery banks, and how design PV-powered water pumping systems. This course is ideal for solar professionals planning to design, install, and maintain off-grid battery-based PV systems of any variety and size.
- Charge controller and array sizing considerations
- Designing and installing DC-only PV systems
- RV (mobile) applications
- Stand-alone DC lighting
- Rural health clinic (Africa)
- Battery maintenance and troubleshooting
- Specifying battery-based inverters
- Specifying generators
- Stand-alone residential system case study including full design guide, equipment specifications, generator integration, and monitoring.
- Stand-alone system maintenance and commissioning
- PV-powered water pumping system design