PVOL202: Solar Training- Advanced PV System Design and the NEC (Grid-Direct) Online
PVOL202: SOLAR TRAINING - ADVANCED PV SYSTEM DESIGN AND THE NEC (GRID-DIRECT) - ONLINE
Take a deep dive into National Electrical Code (NEC® 2014) standards as well as other best practices that pertain to designing grid-direct PV systems (We will start using NEC® 2017 standards in 2018 sessions of PVOL202). The focus in PVOL202 is on residential and commercial-scale systems, but the Code requirements, design parameters, and best practices are applicable to all types and sizes of PV installations. Detailed lessons address requirements for disconnects, overcurrent protection, and wire sizing; interconnection requirements and calculations; grounding, ground-faults, and surge protection; calculations for system sizing, inverter selection, and electrical configuration; ground and roof mount details; and commissioning and performance analysis procedures.
What you will learn:
- Discuss preventative and reactive maintenance plans and activities.
- Summarize safety procedures and PPE requirements for O&M technicians.
- Describe the field procedures required to evaluate the performance of PV systems.
- List appropriate requirements for meters, tools, and other equipment used in O&M activities.
- Define the theory, procedures, and processes behind insulation resistance testing, IV curve tracing, infrared cameras and thermal imaging, and other tools of the trade.
- Analyze test results to determine performance, compare baseline data, and pinpoint system issues.
- Describe inspection requirements for preventative maintenance inspections.
- Illustrate methods for locating and troubleshooting common PV array and system faults using appropriate methodologies and testing tools.