Solar Installation Crew Leader
Whole Sun Designs Inc. is a solar installer based in Bloomington, IN. We’ve been in business nearly seven years and residential solar PV is our bread and butter. To date, WSD is on record for installing the most individual, grid-tied solar PV systems in Indiana. We are committed to providing the highest quality services in a timely, efficient manner.
The Solar Installation Crew Leader is responsible for leading a team in the installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting of residential and commercial solar PV systems. Systems may be rooftop or ground-mounted systems.
Essential Job Functions
* Manage, lead, and motivate a crew of up to four installers.
* Install rooftop and ground-mount solar PV systems including: flashing, racking, module level power electronics (optimizers), array wiring, junction boxes, conduit, inverters, meter bases and all other system components.
* Work with 240 VAC and 600 VDC electrical circuits safely.
* Able to connect, test, commission, and troubleshoot system components.
* Read schematics and follow technical installation instructions.
* Work in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
* Work on roofs, ladders, crawlspaces, attics, and other residential and commercial areas.
* Load the job truck with system components from inventory checklist.
Non-essential Job Functions
* Assist management with documentation of process and task instructions.
* Keep job site, truck, and shop clean and organized.
* Interact with homeowners/clients from diverse backgrounds in a respectful manner.
* Conduct regular crew meetings.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Prior construction lead experience.
* Prior construction (electrical, roofing, and framing) experience preferred.
* Be comfortable climbing a ladder and working on a roof.
* Have a strong mechanical aptitude.
* Must have and maintain necessary installation hand tools.
* Clean driving record.
* Travel may be required.
* NABCEP certification and/or electrical license preferred.
* Self-directed and able to direct work effort of crew towards project completion.
* OSHA 10 hour certification preferred.
* High attention to detail and a quality control orientation.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Be able to pass pre-employment screening.
* A strong appreciation for sustainability.
* Attitude of continual improvement.
* Team orientation.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.