Residential Solar Sales Associate
Catamount Solar, a full service solar design and installation company based in Randolph VT seeks a Residential Sales Associate to join our sales team. This position, while based from Randolph, will travel throughout Vermont to meet with homeowners, discuss their solar options, deliver timely proposals, and follow-up to close these sales. One to two years’ experience in residential solar sales is preferred. Sales experience with a proven successful track record is required. The residential sales associate will report directly to the Operations Manager.
- Full-time, business to residential consumer outside sales position
- Possess strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Have a strong understanding of solar electric systems plus state & national laws / incentives (training available).
- Use an education based approach to sales and marketing with potential customers
- Perform site visits with prospective clients to assess solar potential and sell our services
- Gather referrals from clients
- Maintain sales process and communication through front office
- Prospect for potential leads to add to sales pipeline
- Staff company booth at consumer expos, home shows etc.
- Strong commitment to the need for increasing renewable energy usage
- Personable, enthusiastic and flexible individual
- Proven track record of closing sales
- Must enjoy working in a fast paced and exciting environment
- Outstanding sales and communication skills
- Flexibility to work evenings and some weekends
- Base salary + commission
- Company 401K, including profit sharing
- 100% Health, dental and eye care premium coverage
- Generous vacation and holiday policy
Catamount Solar is an employee-owned Workers’ Cooperative – all staff members are either worker-owners of the company or on track to become one. As an employee-owner, you will participate in the democratic operation of the company and share in annual profits. The company’s ownership culture provides tangible benefits to both our staff and clients. Our clients gain the highest quality workmanship and outstanding customer service delivered by company owners who have a stake in making and keeping the company great. Catamount Solar donates 5% of net profits to local non-profit organizations.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. NO CALLS PLEASE.