Residential Solar Designer
Catamount Solar, a full service solar design and installation company based in Randolph VT seeks a Residential Solar Designer to join our team. This position is responsible for developing design drawings of Residential PV Systems showing site layout, electrical one and three line diagrams, and component installation details of project. This position will report directly to the Operations Manager.
- Prepares detailed electrical and structural design drawings for solar PV systems for permitting and installation
- Understands 2-D drawings and aerial view imagery
- Checks for any issues with existing sites for possible construction related problems
- Works with project management team to complete projects in an efficient and timely manner
- Provides technical assistance to site inspectors, installation crews, and other departments to communicate accurate information
- Makes revisions to drawings based upon client or other authority request
- Contributes to root-cause problem solving of installed solar systems and service support
- Proficient with design applications (Visio, Helioscope, AutoCAD)
- 2-5 years’ experience in electrical or structural engineering preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to pay attention to small details and self-proof read for accuracy
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
- Knowledge of National Electric Code
- Demonstrated structural, mechanical, and electrical design skills, ability to generate accurate, highly detailed construction drawings
- Company 401K, including profit sharing
- 100% Health, dental and eye care premium coverage
- Generous vacation and holiday policy
Catamount Solar is an employee-owned Workers’ Cooperative – all staff members are either worker-owners of the company or on track to become one. As an employee-owner, you will participate in the democratic operation of the company and share in annual profits. The company’s ownership culture provides tangible benefits to both our staff and clients. Our clients gain the highest quality workmanship and outstanding customer service delivered by company owners who have a stake in making and keeping the company great. Catamount Solar donates 5% of net profits to local non-profit organizations.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. NO CALLS PLEASE.