PV Commercial Project Manager
The Commercial Project Manager is responsible for establishing the schedule and budget of commercial scale solar construction projects, and ensures that milestones and deliverables are met through the life of the project. The Manager could handle multiple projects simultaneously at various stages of development and construction -projects could be located locally and regionally.
- Coordination of installation schedules; management of company staff and subcontractors to ensure on-time completion.
- Coordination of permitting for projects.
- Coordination with sales and engineering staff to develop preliminary design budget.
- Prepare bid packages and procure materials and services as needed.
- Create project budget based upon quotes and bids; track project costs.
- Perform regular check-ins with job superintendents and subcontractors to gauge project progress.
- Serve as point-of-contact for customers/clients during each project.
- Provide progress reports and other status updates to client and management as required.
- Maintaining records and databases.
- Troubleshooting issues relating to installations.
Knowledge and skill requirements
- Preferred – 2+ years solar project management experience including projects of at least 100 kW+
- Required – 5+ years previous experience in project management and/or construction operations
- Experience and understanding of Distributed Generation Solar projects
- NABCEP PV Installation Professional certification preferred
- Solid understanding of Project Management process
- Ability to problem solve both personnel issues and project issues
- Good record keeping and organizational skills
- Ability to travel regionally, depending on project location
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office, Adobe products and various web-based applications
- Strong communication skills, including concise, professional email skills
Catamount Solar is an employee-owned Workers’ Cooperative – all staff members are either worker-owners of the company or on track to become one. As an employee-owner, you will participate in the democratic operation of the company and share in annual profits. The company’s ownership culture provides tangible benefits to both our staff and clients. Our clients gain the highest quality workmanship and outstanding customer service delivered by company owners who have a stake in making and keeping the company great. Catamount Solar donates 5% of net profits to local non-profit organizations.
- At Catamount Solar we consider the environmental impact of our business decisions whenever possible. To minimize paper waste, we request that all candidates e-mail their resumes. Only resumes with a cover letter and salary requirements will be considered. References will be checked for final candidates.
- To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. NO CALLS PLEASE