The Purchasing agent is responsible for purchasing materials, products, and supplies under direction of the company's General Manager. The employee in this role accepts and edits purchase requests from various departments, corresponds with suppliers for quotations and prepares purchase orders. Upon completion of projects, the purchasing agent will complete a post-project profitability analysis comparing actual project costs with project revenues to create a project P&L.
• Analyze production schedule daily to develop purchasing needs for projects
• Use Company internal request system to purchase additional items for company use not normally included in specific projects (ie, office supplies, stock electrical supplies, general hardware, etc.)
• Confirm availability of goods/services, order quantities, pricing and delivery date for each purchase order provided to suppliers and ensure documentation is in order, with terms and conditions being clear; place order with suppliers
• Process returns/credits and assist in resolving invoice problems
• Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries, resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, damaged goods, and other related problems, provide order follow-up when needed
• Complete purchase order revisions, changes, and close outs as requested
• Enter and maintain purchase orders in accounting software
• Create new part numbers when needed in accounting software
• Communicate to internal users regarding submitted orders, including any applicable updates
• Analyze actual project material, labor and incidental costs to develop a project P&L
• Make recommendations to management to improve project profitability
• Bachelor's degree preferred. 3+ years' experience in purchasing and/or accounting environment preferred. Equivalent combination of related education and required work experience will be considered.
• Proven strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Proven customer relationship skills with focus on delivering excellent customer service
• Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a high speed, intense working environment.
• Ability to handle difficult situations and interactions
• Proven organizational skills
• Detail oriented
• Proven computer skills to compile and maintain databases
• Experience with Quickbooks software preferred