Project Manager II
The PSG- Project Manager II is responsible to plan, organize, schedule, direct, co-ordinate, and supervise all the service projects of the company. Provide optimal customer service, and to ensure productive and profitable operations. Establish and maintain overall control and discipline of projects.
Primary job duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate with development and engineering to develop preliminary design budgets.
- Provide project progress reports and other status updates to client and management as required.
- Conduct site visits for sales team to evaluate buildability, electrical requirements, and customer requirements for cost impact.
- Develop solar projects, simultaneously managing land development and permitting, interconnection, and off-take timelines.
- Create full project development schedules and high-level construcetion and interconnection schedules, to establish reasonable and achievable construction start dates.
- Serve as technical and coordination lead during project development to assist with supporting staff success during all phases of EPC. Use technical resources within company to find the correct answer.
- Key focus areas include scope, budget, schedule, safety and quality.
- Drive safety initiatives and expectations for the region and specific projects.
- Maintain/oversee daily field operations; full support of staff (Superintendents/Foreman), along with associated Project costs.
- Coordination of installation schedules; management of lower tier vendors to ensure on time completion.
- Coordination of permitting for projects, team building, customer management, stakeholder management, and commissioning.
- Project management and development from sale to commissioning of Commercial and Agricultural Solar Projects.
- Renewable Energy related projects preferred with a focus on Solar and Electrical field experience. Combine Technical experience with Project Management skills to fit the role.
- Familiar with construction and supply contracts.
- Understanding of project budgets and financial models.
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with clients.
- Solid technical background of solar systems and/or components. This includes photovoltaic modules, racking or tracking systems, inverters, balance-of-system (AC and DC), transformers, switchgear.
- Maintains staffing levels by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Fluent in MS Office products including MS Project
- Capable of travelling to sites all around the country and performing site visits (expected to be about 60%annual time).
- Proven track record of excellent/productive written skills for report preparation.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations and emails.
- Must be comfortable with the technical aspects of the job as well as business and client interactions.
- Must be able to read construction plans including electrical and structural to review stakeholders.
- Standard permitted Solar Plans and added details are provided.
- Must have Project management skills and be a supportive team member, able to work in a collaborative environment as well as work on self-directed independent projects. Must be self-motivated with an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years’ experience in the planning, design and/or operations of photovoltaic systems or advanced degree.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the field with Electrical and construction projects are required. Solar experience is a plus.
This job description shall remain fluid and will be reviewed on an as needed basis.