Pure Power Systems
50 Harrison St, Suite 21007030 Hoboken , NJ
New Jersey US
Salary Range (min):
Salary Range (max):
- Full time position for a mid-level to senior electrical engineer.
- Candidate will be involved in all aspects of electrical design for commercial and utility scale solar photovoltaic (PV) projects.
- Tasks include construction documents design, procurement specification, design review, and construction oversight.
- Design of electrical infrastructure includes: modules, combiner boxes, inverters, transformers, & switchgear.
- The position will include a wide variety of tasks including: due diligence, siting, feasibility studies, new technology evaluation, project proposal evaluation, conceptual design, detailed design, design review, performance estimates, and cost estimates.
Requirements of the position:
- Important: Experience in commercial/industrial electrical engineering/construction (such as for an MEP firm) and/or extensive experience designing solar PV systems is required.
- Strong speaking and writing skills.
- AutoCAD drafting experience.
- Strong knowledge of NEC and building codes .
- Occasional travel required.
- Occasional outdoor work.
- Ability to climb ladders & access roofs.
Not required, but preferred skills:
- Time spent in a MEP firm designing electrical systems for commercial buildings.
- Medium voltage design, SCADA.
- SKM Power Tools short circuit, coordination, & Arc Flash studies (or ETAP).
- Solar PV experience.
- Modbus RS485 design, configuration, and implementation.
- Project management / construction management .
- AutoCAD creation of company CAD standards.
- AutoCAD custom programming.
- AutoCAD 3D design.
- Electrical engineering degree.
- Lightning protection systems.
- Microsoft excel custom programming.
- BSEE or MSEE preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in commercial/industrial electrical engineering or construction