Solar Storage Workshop
This new 3-day workshop will cover fundamental principles of battery based systems. At the end of the class, participants will be able to assist in designing and installing a residential PV system with battery back-up. We highly recommend that participants have taken our 40-hour PV fundamentals class, REPV: Renewable Energy Generation with PV Systems, or equivalent. David DelVecchio, ISPQ Certified Master Trainer for PV will be teaching the course.
1. Using load analysis size a battery bank.
2. Specify and size inverters, charge controllers for battery based system.
3. Define system architecture options and functionality
4. Add battery backup to existing grid direct PV system
5. Understand code implications of these systems.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to assist in designing and installing a residential PV system with battery back-up.