REPV: Fundamentals of PV Design & Installation
This course is one of eight courses housed under the award-winning Renewable Energy Technologies Diploma Series. In addition, REPV is an IREC ISPQ accredited entry level PV course offering the NABCEP Entry Level Exam and is based on NABCEP’s Entry Level Learning Objectives for PV installers. The classroom lectures of the REPV workshop are dedicated to the technical aspect of photovoltaics, including system types, components, applications, design and best practices for installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting. A hands-on day installing a fully integrated grid-tied PV system pulls together the classroom knowledge and rounds out the five-day workshop. An optional NABCEP Entry-Level Exam is offered at the conclusion of the course.
Please note this is not NABCEP certification, it is simply an indicator of knowledge gained at the Entry Level and a differentiator to a potential employer. You must meet additional education and experiential requirements to sit for the NABCEP Certification exam. This training counts toward the entry level educational requirement (other requirements needed) on the journey to becoming a NABCEP Certified PV installer.
- At the end of the class, you should be able to:
- Calculate electrical energy and power
- Identify optimum sites for solar electric systems
- Calculate electrical loads
- Design a basic grid-tie PV system
- Understand PV system specification sheets
- Perform safety standards of installing PV systems
- Install a PV system with a lead installer
- Identify your competency level regarding the tasks on the NABCEP Solar PV Task Analysis and gauge readiness to take the NABCEP PV Entry Level Exam based on NABCEP Entry Level Learning Objectives
- Take and pass the optional NABCEP PV Entry Level Exam offered at the end of the week