REPV: Fundamentals of PV Design and Installation
This course is one of eight courses housed under the award-winning Renewable Energy Technologies Diploma Series. The REPV is an IREC ISPQ accredited associate PV course covering the fundamentals of design and installation of photovoltaic systems. The 40-hour course is based on NABCEP’s Learning Objectives for NABCEP PV Associate. A hands-on day installing a fully integrated grid-tied PV system pulls together the classroom knowledge and rounds out the five-day workshop. An optional NABCEP Associate Exam is offered at the conclusion of the course.
Please note this is not NABCEP certification, it is simply an indicator of knowledge gained at the Associate and a differentiator to a potential employer. You must meet additional education and experiential requirements to sit for the NABCEP Certification exam. This training counts toward the entry level educational requirement (other requirements needed) on the journey to becoming a NABCEP Certified PV installer.
- At the end of the class, you should be able to:
- Calculate electrical energy and power
- Identify optimum sites for solar electric systems
- Calculate electrical loads
- Design a basic grid-tie PV system
- Understand PV system specification sheets
- Perform safety standards of installing PV systems
- Install a PV system with a lead installer
- Identify your competency level regarding the tasks on the NABCEP Solar PV Task Analysis and gauge readiness to take the NABCEP PV Associate Exam based on NABCEP Associate Learning Objectives
- Take and pass the optional NABCEP PV Associate Exam offered at the end of the week