PV Technical Sales
The PV (photovoltaic or solar electricity) Technical Sales course is a new program consistent with the NABCEP PV Technical Sales Job Task Analysis. Paired with the 40-hour REPV: Renewable Energy Generation with Photovoltaic Systems, this class is designed to fulfill the education requirements to sit for the NABCEP PV Technical Sales Certification Exam.
Recent local and state policies and programs have been driving the demand for solar power. With this comes an increased need for qualified solar sales professionals. This course is designed for professionals and students eager to join or expand their skills and be successful in the residential space of the solar industry. The goal of the 3-day PV Technical Sales course is to provide a foundational background in PV technology, an understanding of financial models and tax incentives, and a step-by-step process of evaluating a customer for a solar PV system to making the sale.
The 24-hour PV Technical Sales course is a subset of the 40-hour CREM: Certificate in Renewable Energy Management. The CREM program is a 40 hour course that not only covers residential solar sales, but also aspects in commercial and utility scale solar project development. CREM participants will work on a group project and at the end of the program will be presenting their renewable project to a panel of experts. The CREM course is housed under the award-winning Renewable Energy Technologies Diploma Series.
Those who complete the PV Technical Sales course will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of how solar photovoltaic technologies work.
- Define the factors that go into what makes a roof location attractive for solar.
- Communicate the value of a solar investment.
- Understand how policies, incentives and regulations can affect a customer interested in investing in solar.
- Recognize a step-by-step process from evaluating a potential customer to making the sale.
- Get NABCEP Technical Sales education credits for the NABCEP PV Technical Sales Certification Exam (must meet other NABCEP requirements).