Advanced PV Systems Design & Installation (40 Hours)
This intensive five day (40) hour advanced PV course will prepare you to take and pass the NABCEP PV Installation Professional certification exam.
Classes held every other day: Mon, Wed, Fri, Mon, Wed (starting 10/23)
Course covers NEC® 2014, 2017, as well as other best practices that
pertain to designing and installing grid-direct and stand-alone PV systems.
Detailed lessons address requirements for:
- Disconnects, overcurrent protection, and wire sizing
- Interconnection requirements and calculations
- Grounding, ground-faults and surge protection
- Calculations for system sizing, inverter selection, and electrical configuration; ground and
- roof mount details; and
- Commissioning and performance analysis procedures
This course combines class lectures with individual problem-solving exercises covering common design and installation considerations.